Kitchen Exhaust Hood & Equipment Cleaning
Ensure your safety; comply with fire and safety codes.
Consistent maintenance of the kitchen hood exhaust system in your restaurant or facility remains one of the primary defenses against fire hazards.
Our established cleaning methods remove the grease and flammable residues from the interior surfaces of the hood, filters, ductwork and exhaust fans to ensure compliance with all applicable municipal, state and National Fire Protection Association codes. Upon completion of the cleaning process, a Proof-of-Performance decal is posted on the hood canopy in plain view of the fire marshall, health department, or insurance agent.
Benefits from professionally cleaned kitchen exhaust systems:
- improved health standards
- decreased risk of fire
- better ventilation for smoke and odor removal
- compliance with local and national fire and health codes
- improved government inspection ratings
- greater energy savings
- cleaner working environment and minimized product contamination
Service-Tech cleans beyond what is seen.
Our professional technicians clean all components and ductwork in the kitchen exhaust system for proper maintenance and to prevent fires. Furthermore, by cleaning the entire system, we are able to check for possible system blockage and visually verify that the louver and dampers are working properly.
Kitchen and Exhaust Cleaning specifications include the filter plenum, and the interior of ductwork to and including the exhaust fan located on the roof.
- Remove filters, scrape and wash plenum walls, filter frames and fire suppression equipment (not including the fusible links and trigger mechanisms).
- Scrape and/or brush the interior surfaces of all accessible horizontal and vertical ductwork.
- Wash all fan blades, interior and exterior of fan housing and drip pans (hot, high pressure wash when possible).
- Clean all louvers and dampers. If dampers must be moved to ensure complete cleaning, they will be marked and returned to their original position to prevent unbalancing the system.
- Replace filters to their original position.
- Clean the kitchen exhaust filters
- Scrape and wash underside of hoods, including piping, conduit, fire heads, etc.
- Wash the interior of water-wash filtering systems.
- Cut into into ductwork and install new removable metal access doors, where necessary, to reach all areas. These access doors meet current fire prevention regulations.
Service-Tech Corporation is a member of the International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Association (IKECA) and is certified by IKECA to perform Kitchen Exhaust System Cleaning.